On the night of June 9, Motorola launched its new devices – Moto Z & Moto Z Force at an event in San Francisco. Motorola, now a Lenovo owned company has taken a great leap in the market by launching these phones. Moto will be giving up on the X series and the Z series are brought in to replace the X series from the Moto line up. Let’s now have a closer look at the hardware the top highlights of the newly launched phones.
Processor: Both, the Moto Z and the Moto Z Force are powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor which has a top clock speed of 2.2 GHz. It is a quad-core processor which has two high-performance cores running at 2.15GHz and the other two cores running at 1.6GHz.
RAM: Both phones come with 4GB low-power DDR4 RAM. The low-power RAM helps conserve the battery of the devices.
Internal Storage: Both the phones will be available in two variants – 32GB and 64GB. Both phones support microSD card of up to 2TB.
Display: Both the devices have a screen size of 5.5 inch with a picture resolution of 1440p. The only difference in this area is that the screen of Moto Z Force is shatterproof but whereas the screen of Moto Z just limits to being called as a Gorilla glass display.
Rear Camera: The Moto Z has a 13-megapixel camera with F1.8 lens and the Moto Z Force has a 21-megapixel camera. This here is another difference between the two phones. Both phones have optical image stabilization and both support features like phase-detect auto focus.
Front Camera: Both the Moto Z and Moto Z Force have a 5-megapixel camera with F2.2 lens.
Dimensions & Weight: The Moto Z weighs about 136 grams while the Moto Z Force weighs 163 grams. Adding to it, the Moto Z has a 5.2-mm body while the Moto Z Force shows off a 7mm shell.
Software: Both the devices run Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) out of the box.
Battery: The Moto Z has a battery pack of capacity 2600mAh that support turbo charging. On the other side, the Moto Z Force plays around with a 3500mAh battery with turbo charging that Motorola calls fastest yet in a Moto phone.
- The Moto Z has an incredibly thin design. It is one of the thinnest and most powerful phones ever released. Also, both the Moto Z and the Moto Z Force have an all-metal body.
- The Moto Z Force wears a shatterproof screen and is proved nearly in destructive in normal everyday use.
- Both the devices run pure Stock Android. Currently running Marshmallow out of the box.
- Both Moto Z phones have 16 pins on the back cover. These are to be used to connect Moto Mods to the phones. Currently three Moto Mods are available – JBL speaker, a projector and a battery pack. Both phones have a modular design.
- The Moto Z and the Moto Z Force have water-repellent coating.
Availability and Pricing:
- The Moto Z will be available after September in global markets but it will go on sale in the US before September. For now Motorola hasn’t revealed the price of the phone.
- The Moto Z Force seems to be a US exclusive device for now. Also, the price of the phone hasn’t been revealed.
Stay tuned for the latest updates.